RealVNC is a multi-award-winning company in the large and fast-growing market for remote access and remote support solutions, with customers in 160 countries. As the original developers of VNC remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Our lead product, VNC Connect, allows users to connect securely to a remote device anywhere in the world, see its screen in real-time, and take control as though sitting in front of it. The product has been deployed across a myriad of use cases, from basic remote access and remote support, through to deploying the software onto connected devices such as medical ventilators, set-top boxes, heavy industrial machinery and more.
With investment from Livingbridge Private Equity, we are entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are expanding our team based in Cambridge.
We are looking for a strong performance marketer with experience in optimising the funnel across a mix of demand generation initiatives. You have a growth mindset, know how to generate high-quality leads and nurture them to sales opportunities.
You are well-versed in paid acquisition channels like Google, LinkedIn or Meta and have experience with events, webinars and channel partner marketing. You obsess about CPAs, ARR and ROI and have a strong understanding on how to drive business metrics.
This is a key role in the business reporting to the VP Marketing, with potential to grow a bigger team as we see ROI-positive growth.
Your responsibilities include:
- Combine a strong demand generation strategy with hands on execution to drive new trials, accounts and sales opportunities at a profitable cost
- Test and scale a mix of initiatives to drive traffic and leads/trials, including Paid Search, Paid Social, webinars, events or channel partner campaigns
- Run and optimise a trial nurture and reactivation programme to convert trial into accounts, managing email automation and other relevant CRM channels
- Partner with Sales to improve lead quality and jointly optimise the journey from lead to sale
- Collaborate with the Website team to convert trials to accounts through a tailored user experience, align with SEO to inform Paid Search strategy
- Work closely with Product Marketing, Content and Design to deliver a compelling proposition and high-quality creative execution at all touch points
- Manage international expansion for demand generation across the key markets and tap into the overall vertical strategy
- Manage a team of Campaign Managers, Performance Marketers and Marketing Operations specialists, currently 2 direct reports and 1 freelancer
- Own budget management, HubSpot, Google analytics, reporting across Marketing
- Monitor and report on funnel performance on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to ensure we are delivering in-line with business KPIs
We are looking for a highly commercially aware team player with a self-starter approach who has a proven track record of success in demand generation or performance marketing. You’ll enjoy building relationships and being part of a performance driven team. Other requirements for the role include:
- Demonstrable experience in leading a demand generation or performance marketing function
- Experience in lead generation and nurturing, ideally within a B2B SaaS business
- A strong background in Paid Search, CRM / Email automation and someone who lives and breathes the funnel from first touch to a new customer
- Proven experience of driving qualified leads and working with sales to convert them to a sales opportunity
- International experience and ability to work across multiple markets
- Highly numerate and analytically minded – able to translate analysis into action to boost performance
- Experience with relevant tools like Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, HubSpot, SEMRush, G2, Captera or equivalent
- First people management experience with one direct report or small teams, ambitious to build more experience in this area
- A test & learn mindset to unlock new opportunities and instil learning in the team
- Working effectively with internal stakeholders at various levels within the business
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
This role offers a great opportunity to have a real impact and add value in our agile work. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are all working remotely, post COVID-19, we will be operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to easily commute to our Cambridge office for meetings on a regular basis.