Careers at RealVNC®
Have a question?
Graduate Web Developer
We’re looking for a Graduate Web Developer to join our successful and expanding team at RealVNC®.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips. We are looking for a talented Graduate Web Developer to join our Information Applications team.
Part of a multi-skilled group, you will be working on sites with a global audience of millions as well as browser-based internal applications that run our business. Our projects include the recently-launched deskhop Facebook app, the corporate website, and web services supporting our core VNC product. This is a fantastic opportunity to enter web application development and you must possess demonstrable problem solving skills, as well as a willingness to learn and take responsibility for completion of tasks.
- You’ve got great web development skills and you’re confident with HTML/CSS
- You have experience of designing and developing software - in addition to your application, we’d love to see any examples of projects/websites you have worked on using the above skills
- You have strong problem solving skills and you pay great attention to detail
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills
- You have a good degree (or equivalent qualification) to at least 2.1 level
As well as the above, if you have experience with any of the following technologies then we’d like to know about it!
- Scripting languages such as Python, Perl or PHP
- Knowledge of SQL, with experience of PostgreSQL or MySQL very helpful
- Working within a Linux environment and at the command line
- Revision Control Systems
- Website design
This role offers a unique opportunity to work for a growing, successful Cambridge-based company with a world-famous brand.
If successful you’ll be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to your skills and experience. It will include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday). That being said, some flexibility might be needed.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference WD4 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.
Please complete the following information to proceed with your application.
Fields marked with a * are required