Transform your career with RealVNC and join our successful, forward thinking team.
RealVNC is a highly successful, forward thinking software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, Philips and Qualcomm. We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for talented and committed Technical Consultants with both excellent technical knowledge and experience in customer facing roles. These roles are within our Mobile division and cover a wide range of vertical markets including Mobile Operators, Handset Vendors, Enterprise Solutions and Automotive sectors.
These roles are fantastic opportunities for experienced Technical Consultants to join our highly successful team and take an active role in growing our global brand. With responsibility for supporting business development within the Mobile Business Unit, these roles offer a fantastic opportunity to expand your professional career working with the inventors of VNC technology. Successful candidates will have a strong can-do attitude, be intelligent and they will process a desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies and get a real kick and buzz out of seeing the results deployed widely in real world applications.
The responsibilities of these roles include
- Supporting the VP Mobile in managing and maximizing customer relationships
- Keeping current with all technical details of the RealVNC product offerings
- Working closely with our customers in a pre-sales role, to understand their technical requirements and explain technical solutions
- Gather customer needs and concisely articulate requirements to the engineering team, agreeing detailed specifications and compelling commercial proposals
- Support the on-going development and maintenance of our product roadmaps
- Preparing and conducting technology demonstrations in customer-facing situations, including rapid prototyping of applications tailored to customer needs
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders and acting as a representative of RealVNC at all times
Education, Skills and Experience
- A relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science
- At least two years recent relevant experience, covering software development using C/C++, writing multithreaded software targeted for cross-platform use
- Experience in technical consulting, field applications engineering or pre-sales customer facing situations
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role in at least one of the key target vertical market sectors
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- A willingness to travel as required, including Europe, USA, Asia and the Far East. Note these roles are not a heavy travel commitment and are predominantly office based.
- Commercial awareness, an understanding of the sales-cycle process and ability to build customer relationships and trust
- The ability to manage and interpret customer requirements
- Wide knowledge of low level and applications level programming languages, targeted at mobile devices, embedded operating systems, desktop and related web technologies, including networking physical layers and transport protocols
- A confident, professional personality and style, able to present at customer meetings, seminars, training sessions and trade shows
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Foreign language skills in one or more of French, German, Italian, Japanese or similar would be highly beneficial but not essential
This is a rare opportunity to join a successful, growing company with a recognized global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidates will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension and private healthcare. These are full time posts working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday), however flexibility may be required to accommodate the global market.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for these vacancies, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference TC1 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work. At this point, we will only consider candidates resident in the Cambridge (UK) area for these roles.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for these posts.