Graduate Software Developers
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Graduate Software Developers to join our successful and expanding engineering team at RealVNC.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city center. As the original developers of VNC remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, Dreamworks and Philips. We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for talented Graduate Software Developers to join our team.
As part of our Mobile and Automotive team you will be working on the design and implementation of exciting mobile and embedded projects across multiple software platforms and technologies. You must possess demonstrable programming and problem solving skills. A team player, you will be highly self-motivated and will enjoy considerable responsibility. The work is interesting and challenging, and you will be expected to make a full and significant contribution. There is scope for innovation and introducing new product ideas as well as career progression.
Your skills and experience should include
- Demonstrable experience of designing and developing software
- Experience of developing for mobile or embedded platforms is highly desirable
- Strong C++ development skills, Java is highly desirable
- Understanding of network programming, protocol design, user interface design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- A good computer science or relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) to at least 2.1 level
These are rare opportunities to join a successful, growing company with a recognized global brand and huge potential and vision. The successful candidates will be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to qualifications and experience, to include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care. These are full time posts working 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday), however flexibility may be required.
How to apply
For further information or to apply for these vacancies, please send a covering letter and copy of a recent CV quoting the reference GSD2 to email@example.com.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates invited to interview are requested to provide proof of their eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for these posts.