Transform your career with RealVNC® and join our successful, forward thinking team.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology, our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide, from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will work closely with sales, business development, product management and engineering to develop compelling digital content and impactful lead generation activities. RealVNC has a well-established, metric-driven, decision-making process and this role will be responsible for defining and reporting on KPIs that monitor the success of the marketing activities. The Marketing Director reports to the management team on a monthly basis, charting the progress of KPIs and defining new marketing initiatives.
Focused exclusively on a B2B market, this role will require someone with experience in both high-volume software sales for our VNC Connect business, and in account-based marketing (ABM) activities for our OEM software sales of VNC Developer. This position is also responsible for establishing and managing relationships with key external suppliers, including our PR agency, software service providers and campaign-based project contractors.
- have experience in running a marketing department on a day-to-day basis, including line managing a team
- have excellent communication skills, including face-to-face, telephone and written communication skills
- have the ability to manage multiple tasks and take responsibility for their successful completion
- have the ability to understand and compile technical information for a customer audience
- have a professional, proactive and flexible approach that can define strategic objectives while managing tactical activities
- have advanced computer skills including experience of working with Microsoft Office
- have previous B2B software marketing experience with high volume products and ABM strategies for OEM sales
- have previous experience supporting direct sales, as well as distributer and reseller channels
- have a hands-on approach to marketing and possess exceptional attention to detail
- have experience with marketing automation (HubSpot) and CRM systems (Salesforce)
- have experience of managing a marketing budget proportional to RealVNC’s business
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
- Experience with developing social media strategies
- Experience with commercial video production and digital content development
- Experience working with technical software targeted at IT decision makers
- A relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) in a marketing, business or management related subject
- CIM qualification (or similar qualification)
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Marketing team working for a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision.
If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday), although some flexibility is required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference MKD1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.