- No current opportunities
- No current opportunities
Junior Business Analyst
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Does the thought of working with data and learning new ways to produce, interpret and present data make you get out of bed in the morning? Yes? … Our role might be the one for you!
As a Junior Data Analyst you will collaborate with departments across the business to understand their data and reporting requirements and you will be responsible for tracking and reporting on department initiatives and producing status reports.
You will work on full stack of the data architecture projects, including:
- developing data warehouse solutions and data pipelines,
- cleaning and maintaining the data,
- creating data models and analysis,
- and finally creating visualisations.
We have a friendly and dynamic atmosphere and are looking for an individual with a good head for numbers, who is proactive in their approach, looking for different ways to produce and present the data to ensure that our internal stakeholders can rely on our reports to inform their business decisions.
- have a degree in a technical or numerical discipline
- have 1+ years’ experience in a Data Analyst role, or similar
- have a good knowledge of relational databases, SQL and stored procedures
- have an advanced knowledge of MS Applications, especially Excel
- are familiar with Power Pivot and DAX
- are able to write well defined queries, reporting accurate and reliable results
- have an aptitude and desire to learn
- have strong people skills and the ability to interpret reporting requirements of our internal stakeholders
- have excellent attention to detail
- have excellent relevant oral and written communication skills
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
- Knowledge and experience of PowerBI, or similar
- Familiarity with NoSQL database systems would be beneficial
Reporting to the Head of BI/Strategy, this role offers a unique opportunity to join our Finance Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are all working remotely, post COVID-19, we will be operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to easily commute to our Cambridge office for meetings on a regular basis.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Junior Business Analyst, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.