RealVNC® is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. We will use our best efforts to ensure that the information you give us remains private and is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
A cookie is a small text file which is automatically stored on your computer or device when you visit our website.
Our LiveChat and support system use temporary session cookies in order to function but we do not store information contained within these cookies persistently.
None of the cookies used on our website collect personally identifiable information about you.
Collection of personal information
If you contact us via a form on our website your name, email and, optionally, other personal information will be stored. This information will only be used for us to contact you and help best serve your requirements.
Any personal information you submit to our website, for whatever purpose, is held in the strictest confidence and will not be disclosed to a third party without your express permission, unless legally required.
Links to external websites
RealVNC is not responsible for the content or reliability of external websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
RealVNC Limited (“RealVNC”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Scope of policy
This policy applies to your use of:
- RealVNC application software, and associated web applications, application downloads and any related documents (“RealVNC Software”) available on the Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com or the Google Play Store at https://play.google.com ("App Stores")
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data RealVNC collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how RealVNC will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is RealVNC Limited of Betjeman House, 104 Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 1LQ, UK.
Information RealVNC may collect from you
Anonymous (non-personal) data
RealVNC may collect and process the following information about you:
- non-personal information, such as: information about your device including brand, manufacturer, model, operating system version and IP address.
- information about paths through the software.
- frequency that features are used and how they are used.
- summary information about the remote control sessions that are established, including (but not limited to) types of encryption used, protocol versions used, customised settings and preferences.
This anonymous information will be stored by a third party, Flurry, on behalf of RealVNC and may be analysed using said third party’s software in accordance with the policies posted at: http://www.flurry.com/legal-privacy/end-user-opt-out.
For the avoidance of doubt, we explicitly do not collect or log:
- Server addresses or hostnames
- Usernames and passwords
- Clicks or keystrokes
Users who do not want their data collected can opt-out here: https://dev.flurry.com/secure/optOut.do.
Where RealVNC store your data
Uses made of the information
RealVNC use information held about you in the following ways:
- to tune the system, support technical decision-making and inform R&D choices for a better user experience;
- validate and improve our model of user behaviour, allowing us to make more accurate predictions of system behaviour.
Disclosure of your information
RealVNC may disclose your personal data and other information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
RealVNC may disclose your personal data and other information to third parties:
- in the event that RealVNC sell or buy any business or assets, in which case RealVNC may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- if RealVNC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- if RealVNC are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request in order to:
- enforce or apply the EULA and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of RealVNC our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.