VNC Connect trial guide and resources
4 steps to get started
Set up the computer you want to control
Download VNC Server to the remote Windows, Mac or Linux computer you want to control, and install the software. You will need admin privileges.
License VNC Connect
Sign in to the VNC Server app using your RealVNC account credentials (email address and password).
Set up the device you want to control from
Download VNC Viewer to your local computer or device.
Sign in on your VNC Viewer
Sign in using your RealVNC account credentials to automatically discover the remote computer.
Tap or click to start a session, and enter the username and password you usually use to log in to your user account on the remote computer (e.g. your regular Windows password and not your RealVNC account credentials).
Most Frequently Asked Questions
- What username and password do I need when I am trying to connect to VNC Server?
- How do I license VNC Connect Server?
- How do I get started with Instant Support?
Users and permissions
- How do I invite people in to my team to share remote access?
- How do I manage user and session permissions for VNC Server?
- How can I reset my password?
- How can I enable 2-step verification?
- How do I set up VNC Connect for maximum security?
- How can I transfer files between computers?
- How can I use the audio features?
- How can I print to a local printer?
- How can I communicate securely using chat?
- How do I switch between multiple monitors?
How to subscribe at the end of your trial
VNC Connect provides a unique set of remote access capabilities at a very cost-effective price.
It only takes a few minutes to subscribe!
The easiest way to subscribe is to sign in to your RealVNC account, navigate to the Billing page and click the Subscribe to VNC Connect button. You'll take your trial team live, so you won't have to deploy or license the software again, nor re-invite team members.
If you want to subscribe and create a new account at the same time, visit the Buy page, and enter a new email address. Please note you'll have to set up your team from scratch.
If you don’t activate your subscription, remote access will stop at the end of your 30-day trial and you will lose access to your existing teams. You won’t be able to take additional trials.