Latest VNC® Connect releases
This page highlights recent improvements we've made to the package you download to computers you want to control, consisting of VNC Server and supporting programs.
VNC Connect 6.5.0
- NEW: Support High-speed streaming even when peer-to-peer connectivity is not available via a new UDP relay service.
- Improve reliability of connection establishment.
- Improve performance particularly in scenarios with high packet loss and latency.
- Improve detection of display capture failures on Windows, switching to an alternative capture method where possible.
- Improve styling of the menu bar icon on Mac to better match the system theme.
- Add the ability to limit display capture to a single monitor on Linux using the “Monitor” parameter.
VNC Connect 6.3.2
- Mandatory 2FA for RealVNC accounts
- Screen blanking for Windows 8 and 10
- Interactive system authentication for Mac/Linux
VNC Connect 6.3.1
- General maintenance release
VNC Connect 6.3.0
- Support for Ubuntu 18.04
- Enhancements to the smartcard / certificate store authentication scheme
Upgrade to the latest version
We encourage all our customers to upgrade to the latest version to take advantage of new features, improvements, security enhancements and bug fixes. If you have update notifications turned on in VNC Server, you'll be automatically informed when a release becomes available.
All customers with active subscriptions or maintenance contracts are entitled to download and use the latest version of VNC Connect at no additional cost. If you are using an older version of RealVNC remote access software without an active maintenance contract, you can start a free trial of VNC Connect, or get in touch with us if you have any questions about upgrade and support.