Technical Pre-Sales Consultant
Develop innovative solutions to customer problems using VNC remote connectivity technology.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Our remote access and connectivity technology has a wide range of applications beyond traditional desktop remote support. Our OEM team works with customers across a wide range of markets to discover problems that our technology can or could be enhanced to help with. To support them, we have a small team of technical pre-sales consultants who support this process through careful listening to customer problems, suggesting insightful application of existing RealVNC technology, and experimenting with new ideas that can be incorporated into our roadmap.
By its nature, the work is varied. You’ll be the technical voice in the sales process, working closely with customers to understand their requirements and prescribe technical solutions. You’ll prepare and conduct technology demonstrations (including researching technical solutions, advanced development and rapid prototyping of applications) tailored to meet the customer’s individual needs. You’ll also help create technical collateral to support the sales process, and work closely with product management to influence the product roadmap.
We like to think we have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We value the input of everyone working on our projects, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange, we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and ready to make a significant contribution to our products.
- Have strong, cross-platform C++ development experience and object-oriented design skills.
- Can engage directly with customers to understand their needs and desires, and formulate innovative technical solutions to their problems.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, using technical language appropriate for the audience, and are able to confidently run product demonstrations and presentations to customers.
- Are self-motivated, and can deliver to a deadline when you need to.
- Are willing to travel as required (but not excessively).
- Have relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
If you have any of the following, that would also be beneficial, but not essential:
- Experience with embedded software development flows
- Commercial awareness, including an understanding of the sales cycle
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Engineering Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday); we also promote flexi-time, with agreed core hours.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference TPSC1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.