- No current opportunities
HR & Office Assistant - 12 Month FTC
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Do you have a keen interest in HR and Recruitment? Are you looking for a role that touches on all points of the employee life cycle? Yes? … Our role might be the one for you!
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic HR & Office Assistant to work with us for 12-months to cover a period of maternity leave. Working alongside the HR Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including but not limited to;
- Recruitment – from advertising roles and interviewing candidates to producing contracts and onboarding new starters
- Generalist HR – producing letters, monitoring and managing staff absences, arranging benefits, maintaining and updating the HR System and employee records, acting as the first point of contact for all HR queries and supporting the HR Manager with HR initiatives, ER processes and other ad-hoc projects
- General Admin / Events – managing incoming calls, hosting our weekly employee events and planning, organising and running our ad-hoc events – team building, parties etc.
- Health & Safety – conduct DSE assessments, point of contact for H&S queries and ensure compliance with H&S legislation
We have a friendly and inclusive company culture and are looking for a pro-active individual with great attention to detail to help us continue to deliver a great HR service to our employees, candidates, and other stakeholders.
- have previous experience working in a HR or recruitment role, preferably in a tech environment
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- are able to quickly and confidently build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- have a good working knowledge of HR best practices
- are confident managing multiple tasks, using initiative and judgement to take ownership for their successful completion
- have advanced IT skills, including experience of working with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- have excellent attention to detail
- have a professional, proactive, friendly and flexible approach to your work
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
Knowledge / Experience of
- HR / ATS Systems
- Recruitment processes and best practices
Reporting to the HR Manager, this role offers a unique opportunity to join our HR Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are all working remotely, post COVID-19, we will be operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to easily commute to our Cambridge office for meetings on a regular basis.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a HR & Office Assistant, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.