Business Development Executive (Automotive)
Transform your career with RealVNC® and join our successful and expanding Automotive division.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips. Our software is already in use in over 15m vehicles, 50 models from 15 of the largest major global automotive OEMs.
We’re looking for an experienced, committed and talented business development executive with direct experience of business development within the software, IT or related service industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced executive to join our highly successful team and take an active role in growing our global brand.
This role is within our Automotive division and covers a wide range of vertical markets including mobile operators, handset vendors, and Automotive OEMs and equipment suppliers. You’ll be working closely with the management team, shaping business strategy, establishing strong and trusting relationships with key partners, preparing compelling value propositions and customer proposals, developing business models, negotiating commercial terms and closing deals. There is considerable scope for innovation and introducing new product ideas.
Successful candidates are likely to have good technical knowledge, an appreciation of formation of partnerships, channel sales and OEM deal-making. You must possess demonstrable business skills, show adaptability, flexibility and a desire to work on a broad range of business initiatives. You must have a strong can-do attitude with the desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies and be motivated by seeing results deployed widely in real-life applications.
The role involves global travel, including Europe, Japan, China and the USA. There will be a mix of visiting our extensive customer base and new prospects; presenting at conferences and representing us at trade shows.
- have demonstrable experience in consultative selling within a technology business sector
- have first-hand experience of technology licensing including contract negotiation
- have experience of preparing value propositions and commercial proposals
- possess strong problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail and a drive to deliver results
- have excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
- have sector experience in at least Software, Mobile or the Automotive industry
- have experience of selling to global blue-chip companies and start-up organisations, with an appreciation of the cultural differences in Europe, USA and the Far East
- have a relevant degree (or equivalent) ideally within a technical, business or numerate subject
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
- Detailed knowledge of the sales cycle process, lead qualification, remote customer acquisition using telephone and email
- Experience in strategy development, business modelling, including creation of channel sales
- An understanding of market mapping techniques, business intelligence, target identification and qualification
- Prior knowledge of management and business consulting process, selling projects and development services would be advantageous
- Willingness to travel to customer meetings, to run product demonstrations and represent RealVNC at trade shows and conferences
- Foreign language skills would be beneficial
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Automotive division working for a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday); we also promote flexi-time, with agreed core hours.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference ABDE1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.