Exciting new opportunity for an experienced Finance Director to join a rapidly growing world-renowned technology company in Cambridge.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Due to our continued success, we are looking for an experienced and committed Finance Director to join our expanding Finance function. You will have seen organisations through a period of growth, and will have had overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects in previous roles. With a strong degree of commercial acumen and an influential leader, you can operate both strategically and operationally. You must have exceptional communications skills and the ability to handle critical decision making.
Working in partnership with our COO, you will play a crucial role in devising and implementing our 3 - 5 year company strategy, supporting key business and commercial decisions.
- Fully Qualified (ACCA, CIMA or ACA) with a progressive career to date and at least 5 years PQE, including managing staff
- Minimum of three years’ experience of being a “hands on” leader
- You will have strong financial and commercial acumen, someone who can think strategically, analytically and takes a proactive approach to finding effective solutions
- A skilled communicator with your own team, business owners and colleagues
- You will be able to demonstrate a progressive and stable work history
- Ability to create an immediate effect to the finance role, and team
- Prior experience working for a technology business, particularly SaaS models, would be a distinct advantage, but not essential.
- Enthusiastic, driven and self-motivated personality with the ability to work in a fast paced, growing business
- Be responsible for all aspects of the finance and accounting function
- Lead and develop the finance team, taking ownership of performance
- Oversee the sales department, monitoring pipelines and leads
- Review and sign off monthly management accounts
- Develop KPI reporting
- Implement clear process and ensure compliance, as well as developing internal financial systems
- Responsibility over the cash management of the business
- Prepare audit packs
- Ensure all statutory and regulatory requirements are in place
- Manage payroll, auto-enrollment and payroll year end
- Day to day management of the central finance function, inclusive of all reporting, planning and decision support activities.
- Proactively managing the businesses cash flow in a leveraged environment.
- Oversee budgeting process
- Present annual accounts
- Corporate finance activities e.g. debt, equity, acquisitions
- Establishing internal control processes required to manage and grow the business
- Responsibility for submission of annual financial accounts and tax returns
- Strong stakeholder management, supporting the senior leadership team in decision making and business strategy
- Involvement in structuring, negotiating and finalizing tenders alongside the procurement and operational teams
- Driving increases in gross profit
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our finance team working for a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference FD1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.