We're here if you need help
Supported Intel Core vPro computers¶
VNC Viewer Plus can connect to Intel® Core™ vPro™ computers that:
- Run Intel Active Management Technology (Intel AMT) 6.0 or later.
- Have the KVM (Keyboard/Video/Mouse) remote control feature enabled (note it is possible for OEMs to disable this).
- Have at least a 2nd generation Core i5 vPro or Intel Core i7 vPro processor with embedded Intel integrated graphics. Discrete graphics cards are not supported. For a system with both, integrated graphics must take precedence.
If you want to buy a vPro computer off-the-shelf, consult Intel’s dedicated web site. Note it is still advisable to ascertain from your chosen OEM whether KVM is supported and enabled, since it may be an optional extra. Note also that some OEMs market KVM as ‘out-of-band system management’ or similar.
If you want to build a vPro computer yourself, consult Intel’s product database:
Choose a processor with Intel integrated graphics and support for Intel vPro technology.
Intel used to list processors that supported KVM directly, and this guide may still be useful, though it was last updated in April 2011.
For your reference, the RealVNC test system consists of:
- Intel Desktop Board DQ87PG with an Intel Core i5-4670 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 9.0.
- Dell Optiplex 990 Mini Tower with an Intel Core i5-2400 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 7.1.
- Intel Desktop Board DQ67SW with an Intel Core i7-2600 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 7.1.
- Intel Desktop Board DQ57TM with an Intel Core i5-660 vPro processor, running Intel AMT 6.1.
- Toshiba Tecra A11-11H laptop with an Intel Core i5-520M vPro processor, running Intel AMT 6.0.