We're here if you need help
Frequently asked questions¶
Subscriptions and billing¶
- How is VNC Connect licensed?
- What does a subscription entitle me to?
- What’s a tier, and which one should I choose?
- Are there any usage restrictions?
- How long does a subscription last?
- How do I renew a subscription?
- What happens if I don’t renew?
- How has licensing changed between VNC 5.x and VNC Connect?
- How do I apply my subscription?
- Can I change which computers my subscription applies to?
- Do I still need a license key?
- How do subscriptions work with User Mode and Virtual Mode?
- Can I get a refund?
Accounts and teams¶
- Do I have to sign up for a RealVNC account?
- What is a team?
- Do I need more than one team?
- How do I add a computer to a team?
- How do I invite people to share remote access?
- Can I promote people to help administer my team?
- Can I configure which people can access which computers?
- How do I remove a computer from a team?
- How do I remove a person from a team?
- How do I connect?
- What is a cloud connection?
- What is a direct connection?
- Must I be connected to the Internet?
- Do I have to configure my firewall and router?
- What’s my (username and) password?
- Can I connect when a computer is asleep, or powered off?
- Can I remotely access my tablet or phone from a computer?
Install and run¶
- How do I install and run VNC Connect?
- Can I deploy and license VNC Connect remotely?
- Can I install VNC Connect over RDP?
- Can I host VNC Connect on a network share?
- How do I start and stop VNC Connect?
- What are VNC Server ‘modes’, and which should I run?
- What is a ‘virtual desktop’?
- How do I completely remove VNC Connect?