« Back to careers
Temporary Web Developer (3 month contract)
Help design and build the next generation of improvements to our websites.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) City Centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
As a member of the Web team, you’ll be working primarily on our main corporate website - powered by Python web frameworks such as Django and Wagtail. You’ll also be responsible for front end development to ensure the website reaches our global audience by working across desktop and mobile platforms.
We like to think we have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We value the input of everyone working on our projects, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange, we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and able to make a significant contribution to our products.
- Are passionate about technology, product and user experience
- Can take concept designs and implement them to work across desktop and mobile browsers
- Worked with Python before, ideally with frameworks such as Django, Flask or Pyramid
- Comfortable working on the command line in Linux
- Are familiar with revision control systems, automated website testing and continuous integration
- Produce production quality code and have great attention to detail
- You’ve got excellent oral and written communication skills
- Have a good technical degree (or equivalent qualification / experience).
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our engineering team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision.
This is a full-time post on a 6 month fixed-term contract, but we believe in healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday), although some flexibility may be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please head over to our website and click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference TWFED1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for these posts.
Apply for this job