RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK). As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Following private equity investment from London-based investment firm Livingbridge in August 2021, we are now entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking to expand our Sales team.
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the Technical Pre-Sales Manager is responsible for providing pre-sales support – including product demonstrations and technical recommendations – to prospective customers of RealVNC products and Services.
You will work with our Sales team to design solutions that meet customer requirements and use your technical and business skills to serve as a key business advisor and product advocate.
The Technical Pre-Sales Manager will, additionally, act as the voice of customer when feeding back to the Product team.
This individual will take the lead in acquiring new product knowledge and delivering training to the wider Sales Team and Channel Partners.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Providing technical pre-sales support for prospective customers including:
- Best-practise implementation advice
- Product demonstrations
- Educating customers and supporting new product roll-outs and feature updates
- Responding to prospective customers’ RFPs and providing other technical product information
- Supporting our Product teams with customer feedback and product feature requests
- Liaising with our product support team on handing over customer technical information post sale
- Providing product training to Partners
- Representing RealVNC at trade events
- Creating, maintaining and delivering product related training materials for the Sales team, new starters and the wider business.
- Have previous experience in a similar role as a Sales Engineer, Solution Consultant, etc.
- Have exceptional listening, communication, and presentation skills with demonstrable experience in a customer facing role
- Are able to understand and explain different technologies and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have good knowledge of key technologies including : Linux, Mac, Windows desktop and server operating systems, Microsoft Group Policy, Networking
- Can work collaboratively as part of a team sales effort, and successfully operate in a flexible, virtual operating environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Sales Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, EV car leasing scheme, private dental and medical cover.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Technical Pre-Sales Manager, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.