- No current opportunities
- No current opportunities
Software Test Engineer
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
We’re looking for a talented Software Test Engineer to join our QA&DevOps team, providing expertise to the development teams across our product portfolio stack; from feature inception, through QA, into product deployment and beyond.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take an active role in a valued team, working closely with developers and other test engineers, getting involved in all aspects of software testing to ensure the products continue to have a high-quality track record. Your involvement in projects will empower you to give valuable QA input to steer the direction of designs and development.
It will be your responsibility to identify and prepare test cases, develop these scenarios with Python automated tests and expand the automated test framework with additional features to drive them.
Day to day duties also include investigating test failures, analysing and verifying bug fixes and reviewing code developed by other test engineers.
You will be given the opportunity to work on a wide range of technologies, including cloud-based web technologies, backend APIs and desktop/mobile clients.
We have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and value a continual approach to learning with allocated time for all engineers to improve their skills. We seek to empower everyone through cross-functional collaborative working and believe creative, inquisitive people can make a big difference in impressing our customers.
- Come from an automated software testing background with demonstrable experience of Python and Selenium WebDriver.
- Are confident in writing clear and concise bug reports with supporting evidence.
- Have a thirst to learn and evolve your skills as technology changes.
- Can communicate clearly with all stakeholders across the business; from discussing designs and feeding back issues to developers, to assisting investigations with support engineers and feeding information up to Senior Management if needed.
- Have a keen eye for detail when testing software and a creative ability for exploratory testing.
- Are competent with working within an Agile environment.
- Have knowledge of Git source control management and experience reviewing code changes.
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
- Any other areas of proficiencies such as DevOps experience (AWS/Azure), security, usability or mobile testing are desirable.
- Have previous experience of networking testing or remote access technologies.
- Are knowledgeable with Atlassian products such as JIRA, Confluence and Stash.
- Hold any applicable software testing qualifications such as ISTQB Certified Tester or similar.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Engineering Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are all working remotely, post COVID-19, we will be operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to easily commute to our Cambridge office for meetings on a regular basis.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Software Test Engineer, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview, you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.