OEM Sales Director
Want to sell to the largest global players in every industry sector across the world?
Basic up to £65k + capped OTE at 25% of salary + benefits
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips. VNC Developer allows our clients, from a wide range of industries, to integrate our SDK into their integrated remote support.
Due to our continued success, we’re looking for an experienced, committed and talented individual, with direct experience of outbound sales within the software, IT or related service industry, to join our expanding OEM Team. This role offers a superb opportunity for an experienced Sales Director to join and work for a successful, globally recognised brand, acknowledged as a leader in its field with many millions of global customers and fantastic future products.
Reporting to the COO, this role will be vertical market-focused and provides the successful candidate with an opportunity to help drive high value new business growth from new and existing customers. You’ll be working closely with the COO and management team to help shape business strategy, establish strong and trusting relationships with key prospects, negotiate commercial terms and close deals. You will have the ability to uncover and develop new opportunities through prospecting, referrals, social selling and networking events. You will own the complete sales cycle and deliver a consistent flow of new business. You’ll also provide accurate and timely sales reports to the Sales Director for management review.
There are opportunities for OEM Sales Directors in the following new verticals:
- Consumer Electronics
- Financial Services
- Medical Device Manufacturers
- Industrial Control
- Managed Service Provision
- Internet of Things
- Must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of a consultative technology sales process within one of the above vertical markets
- Have proven experience in B2B sales, driving new business generation through referrals and relationship building, preferably leveraging your existing contacts to obtain early wins
- Have worked with and sold to a number of large overseas organisations (North America, Europe and Asia preferable)
- Have presented and are comfortable with presenting at high profile exhibitions and at boardroom level
- Can demonstrate clear examples of successfully delivering ROI to external clients
- Have demonstrable experience of shaping products through customer feedback
- Are able to prepare and deliver sales pitches and presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Are able to work closely with marketing to help produce suitable promotional material, sales collateral and arrange key exhibition events
- Have experience with working in a number of different verticals and are able to adapt accordingly
- Strive to uncover and deliver value to customers
- Have an aptitude for business and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced sales environment
- Have a confident, motivated, professional and extremely organised manner
- Have outstanding listening, verbal and written communication skills including an excellent telephone manner
- Have effective time management and organisational skills with superb attention to detail
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our OEM team working for a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you are successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility and international travel may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference OEMSD1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.