- No current opportunities
Digital Content Editor
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Do you have a passion for writing about technology and read the new articles in The Verge, Tech Crunch and Wired before you have even had your morning coffee? Yes? … Our role might be the one for you!
We’re looking for a Digital Content Editor to join our Marketing team to help us to produce bold and engaging content that will resonate with our varied customer base.
You will have your finger on the pulse of new industry trends and hot topics and will be ready to engage with the experts in our business to produce and deliver well considered content when the opportunity presents itself. You will be able to interpret and distil technical language into credible resources that will genuinely capture the interest of both our existing and potential new customers. This could be a blog post, a white paper or anything in between. You will identify new content and improve existing documentation to enhance the experience of our end users.
We have a friendly and dynamic atmosphere and are looking for an individual who is naturally curious about software, with a flexible and engaging writing style that can make an immediate impact and help us to capture the attention of our existing and potential userbase.
- have a background in tech journalism or something similar
- have 3+ years’ experience writing about technical concepts to a wide-ranging audience, with a portfolio of published stories, as a writer or editor
- can produce clear, jargon-free technical documentation to enhance our end user experience (including user guides, release notes, technical blogs, helpdesk articles etc.)
- can proactively identify and fill content gaps and engage with external content relevant to our market
- have strong people skills and the ability to coax out technical content from our internal experts
- are able to develop a technical content plan that will be integrated and delivered in line with the wider marketing calendar/strategy
- demonstrate a customer-centric approach, with the ability to understand our customers and how to successfully engage them with our product
- have a flexible writing style that allows you to switch between producing technical and commercial content as and when required
- have excellent attention to detail
- advocate and demonstrate appropriate technical communication best practices
- have excellent relevant oral and written communication skills
Reporting to the Marketing Campaign Manager, this role offers a unique opportunity to join our Marketing Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. Currently we are all working remotely, post COVID-19, we will be operating a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to easily commute to our Cambridge office for meetings on a regular basis.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Digital Content Editor, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.