Chief Marketing Officer
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Following private equity investment from London-based investment firm Livingbridge in August 2021, we are now entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking for a successful, forward-thinking Chief Marketing Officer to work alongside our senior team to shape the future of RealVNC.
Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Marketing Officer will own the global marketing strategy and will be driven and eager to make an immediate impact and drive significant growth. You will encourage our Marketing team to be bold in their approach, inspiring them to enhance the prospective, new and existing customer experiences, take advantage of our USPs and deliver the Marketing strategy with high quality results that will enhance our growth across all Marketing metrics.
You will be responsible for leading, motivating and developing our highly skilled Marketing team, inspiring them to take responsibility and be accountable for the delivery of their projects and enhancing their capability as individual contributors within the team.
You will work collaboratively with other members of the Senior Leadership Team and the wider business to ensure that our Marketing strategy and deliverables are aligned to the wider business goals and accelerate both our revenue growth and market share in a competitive industry.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Designing and facilitating the delivery of a bold and engaging Marketing strategy to include all elements – demand generation, B2B marketing, performance, martech, brand, content and communications
- Being accountable for developing, monitoring and owning the key Marketing metrics – driving positive growth across all metrics
- Produce reliable, objective and insightful reporting to clearly articulate to key stakeholders (e.g. Board, SLT etc.) the impact of Marketing initiatives on the growth metrics
- Producing and managing forecasts and budgets for the Marketing team – being accountable for all Marketing spend and ROI
- Leading and managing our Marketing team (8 FTE) – helping to nurture and develop their capabilities and taking responsibility for any recruitment activity to ensure the team is equipped to produce and deliver outstanding Marketing initiatives
- Identifying and articulating the strong and instantly recognisable USPs of our products to challenge our competitors and highlight our strengths in new and existing markets
- Working alongside key stakeholders in the business to ensure buy-in to and alignment of Marketing initiatives and go-to-market (GTM) strategies for product releases to the wider business strategy
- Using external sources to research high impact strategies in relation to brand positioning, messaging and GTM strategies to firmly establish RealVNC’s status as the most secure remote access solution in the marketplace
- Have proven experience leading a successful mid-sized Marketing function in a SaaS / tech company with a global customer base. Or have high volume B2C experience and a strong, demonstrable commitment to transition to high volume B2B SaaS / tech
- Are data-driven with strong analytical skills whilst also being a key creative contributor
- Have a broad understanding of the Marketing stack with in-depth knowledge in key areas including demand generation to support and influence growth in revenue and market share
- Can deliver high-quality, timely Marketing initiatives and have the ability to iterate quickly to deliver both short term and long term results
- Have successfully taken a product to market (ideally in the SaaS / tech space, but not essential) – delivering a best-practice and relevant GTM strategy preferably aimed at a technical audience
- Have been an integral part of a Senior Leadership Team leading an organisation through rapid growth (prior or current) – experience in a private equity backed organisation would be beneficial
- Have solid experience of working in an agile environment, collaborating closely with Product, Sales & Customer Success teams
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Marketing Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, EV car leasing scheme, private dental and medical cover and maternity package.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Chief Marketing Officer, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.