Business Development Team Lead
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Having recently secured PE investment, we are entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for an experienced Business Development Team Lead to build and develop a scalable, consistent Business Development operation focussing on new business acquisition. We see a significant opportunity for outbound activities targeting new logos and in the whitespace of existing accounts, to run alongside our existing successful inbound and resale operations.
This role offers a superb opportunity for a top quality sales professional to work with an already successful, globally recognised brand, acknowledged as a leader in its field with many millions of global customers and fantastic future prospects.
This is a dynamic sales team working towards realistic sales targets with an uncapped commission structure.
The responsibilities of this role include;
- Own RealVNC’s outbound sales strategy, programs, resources, and overall revenue target
- Focus on top-line revenue growth
- Recruit and manage the Business Development Sales team
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to optimise use of resources to drive growth
- Actively build pipeline and ensure high quality customer acquisition
- Provide accurate sales forecasting for the Business Development operations
- Address areas of underperformance
- Proven sales ability. Demonstrable history of revenue growth within (B2B IT services/software industry is preferred)
- Team leadership experience preferred but this role may suit a candidate looking to take the next step up
- Thrives in a fast moving, dynamic environment
- Experience of effectively working with stakeholders across multiple departments
- Independent, creative and ‘process led’ work style
- Confident, self-motivated, professional personality and style
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The flexibility to encompass global sales cycles is an essential requirement for this role
- A second language would be a plus but not essential
Reporting to the Head of Sales, this role offers a unique opportunity to join our Sales Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension and private dental and medical care.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as a Business Development Team Leader, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be required to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.