- Automation Test Engineer (Automotive Software)
- Business Development Executive (Automotive)
- Embedded Software Engineer
- Far East focused Business Development Executive
- Software Developer
- Software Engineers (Mobile/Automotive)
- Software Test Engineer (Temporary Vacancy)
- Technical Consultants/ Field Applications Engineers
- No current opportunities
Software Engineers (Mobile/Automotive)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Software Engineers to join our successful and expanding engineering team at RealVNC®.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology, our software and cloud services are used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide ranging from home to enterprise environments. RealVNC customers can be found in many industries and include leading companies such as IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks, Philips, Volkswagen and Huawei. Our software is already in use in over 15m vehicles, 50 models from 15 of the largest major global automotive OEMs.
As a result of continuous growth, we have significant expansion plans and are looking for talented Software Engineers to join our team.
As part of our team you’ll be working on the design and implementation of exciting desktop, mobile and embedded projects across multiple software platforms and technologies. The work is interesting and challenging, and the new projects and technologies which are constantly in the pipeline give everyone the opportunity to make a full and significant contribution to the team. This, combined with the scope for innovation and the introduction of new product ideas, means there is potential to develop your career as a software engineer at RealVNC at an accelerated pace.
- have demonstrable experience of designing and developing multithreaded networked software
- have strong C++ development skills
- have an understanding of cross-platform development, protocol design, user interface design, compression and security
- have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skills
- are highly self-motivated and enjoy considerable responsibility with a focus on problem solving, attention to detail and delivering results
- have a good computer science or relevant degree (or equivalent qualification) to at least 2.1 level
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Java and Python development skills
- Developing for mobile or embedded platforms
- Creating development toolkits and pluggable components
- Understanding of protocol design, user interface design, compression and security
These roles offer a unique opportunity to join our Mobile and Automotive team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
These roles also come with the opportunity to experience working globally, should you wish to travel.
These are full-time posts, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference SE11 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for these posts.