Senior Full Stack Web Software Engineer
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
Having recently secured PE investment, we are entering the next chapter in our growth journey and are looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our Portal team improving our remote access products.
As part of the Portal team, you will be working on our web platform that enables customers to sign up, purchase subscriptions and manage various aspects of their RealVNC account. As a key point that every RealVNC customer must interact with, we must deliver an outstanding user experience, making these journeys as pain-free as possible.
You will work on new features and projects that sit in the portal, alongside continual improvement and updates to current features. The portal ties together multiple services, both internal and external, meaning the scope of these projects can be varied and interesting.
Working closely with other teams across the company, you’ll use your input and expertise to ensure features are implemented in a robust, secure and user-friendly way. Signing up for trials and purchasing subscriptions for VNC Connect is at the core of RealVNC’s business, you will be working in an area where your ideas and execution can have a real measurable impact on the business goals.
- Using Python in a commercial environment building web applications
- Experience with a Python framework e.g. Pyramid, Django, Flask
- Familiarity with templating languages e.g. Jinja2, Django templates
- Experience with accessing API’s and processing their responses
- Experience using jQuery
- Familiarity with Ansible
- Familiarity with automation tools e.g. Jenkins
- Experience working in an Agile/Sprint based environment
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments
We have a friendly atmosphere and are looking for creative, flexible and collaborative approaches. We value the input of everyone working on our projects, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange, we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and able to make a valuable contribution to our products.
- Are passionate about technology, product and user experience
- Have a track-record of solving the problems of more open-ended or ambiguous projects, with excellent attention to detail
- Can demonstrate your understanding of how your engineering work affects commercial outcomes, and can ideally provide examples of past projects where your work has directly impacted business growth
- Have significant commercial development experience
- Understand how business goals and priorities influence your work
- Have experience of agile working practices and appreciate that testing and quality are shared team responsibilities
- Have some experience taking a leading or coordinating role for specific features or areas
Reporting to the Lead Software Engineer, this role offers a unique opportunity to join our Engineering team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, EV car leasing scheme, and private dental / medical care and maternity package.
We understand that people work differently, so our employees can work flexibly around our core hours, and we expect some flexibility in return. We have introduced a hybrid work environment where employees combine working remotely and working from the office. You will therefore need to be able to commute to our Cambridge office for meetings as required.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as Senior Full Stack Web Software Engineer, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview, you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers.
RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.