“I feel very supported by the rest of the Marketing Team, both personally and professionally. I am trusted to take on projects and own them from start to finish, which I find very rewarding” Angie Afonso, Marketing Executive
- Do you have a passion for marketing?
- Do you want to learn more in a fun, creative and techy environment?
- Are you available to join us early 2019 to start your journey at the start of the busiest and most exciting event season?
RealVNC have our first Marketing Apprentice position to join our growing, creative and fun marketing team!
RealVNC® is a multi-award-winning company with customers in 160 countries and is based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology, our software and cloud services are used by millions of people worldwide ranging from home to enterprise environments.
Our mission is to empower organizations and individuals to enhance their lives by allowing them to ‘be where they’re not’.
We do this by creating simple, secure access solutions that let them instantly interact with their technology from anywhere. We’re a passionate bunch of individuals who are committed to thinking outside the box and harnessing the ability of technology to create exciting ‘wow moments’.
RealVNC customers can be found in many industries and include leading companies such as Intel, IBM, Nasa, Shell, DreamWorks, Philips, HP, Siemens and Honeywell.
Supporting the Senior Marketing Executive and the rest of the (growing!) team, the Marketing Apprentice will be involved in a variety of areas of the business. As part of your job, you will help to plan events, create content for the blog and website, liaise with suppliers, keep on top of the ongoing marketing administration and help delivering marketing campaigns.
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to kick-start their career in Marketing, as they will receive all-rounded training and experience, and real career development opportunities.
A day in the life of this role could include:
- Meeting with the Senior Marketing executive and the rest of the team to discuss and plan the upcoming campaigns
- Writing the latest blog post, organising the RealVNC stand for one of the upcoming exhibitions or helping execute our Internal Communications plan
- Working in our 'grown-up start-up' environment, with interesting and forward-thinking minds
- You are creative and enthusiastic, with a natural ability to ‘think outside the box’
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have some familiarity with working in an office environment
- You can meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and take responsibility for their successful completion
- You have good computer skills, including experience of working with Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
As well as the above, if you have any of the desired experience below then we’d like to know about it!
- Other work experience, even if it isn’t relevant to this role
- A degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or English
- Previous experience with design software, such as Photoshop or InDesign
What does it look like to be a Marketing Apprentice at RealVNC?
Apprenticeships are a great way to get the qualifications and experience you need to start your career, so why not do so at a globally renowned tech company? Combining your marketing training with work experience, you will grow as you join this diverse, fast-moving and exciting industry.
So, what will you learn whilst you’re with us, other than your external training?
- Working with our Senior Marketing Executive, you’ll help plan and deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns
- You’ll work with our creative teams on keeping our blog updated on our corporate website.
- You’ll plan and attend events across the UK, representing RealVNC and capturing exciting content for when you return to the office
- Learning from the skilled and friendly team around you, you will get to work on a broad range of projects that will allow you to gain first-hand experience across various areas of marketing
What training programme will you do with us?
We will work with you to decide where your career needs to go! We have access to fantastic external training courses from Digital Marketing, Social Media through to how to succeed as a Marketing Executive and Event Management.
Within your first month here at RealVNC we will help to map your next 12 months with us, and set your targets for the year, so you know exactly where you’re going!
This role offers an exciting chance to join our Marketing team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, we offer an attractive package appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
Outside of your day to day work, RealVNC has an active social committee which arranges frequent events for employees and their families to take part in outside of the working day. These include events such as; Ice Skating, lunches in local pubs and restaurants, Escape Rooms, and cultural activities such as theatre trips and comedy nights.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday-Friday); we also promote flexi-time with agreed core hours, just ask the Talent team if you have any queries.
How to apply
If you’d like to join RealVNC as our Marketing Apprentice, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details.
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our website is only intended for individuals and preferred suppliers of RealVNC. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency that is not a preferred supplier are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or CVs, or to forward CVs directly to employees or any other company location, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited.
RealVNC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies other than preferred suppliers. RealVNC is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Staffing and Recruiting Agencies that are not a preferred supplier but do wish to respond to a vacancy, should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further enquiries.