1st Line Product Support Engineer
Transform your career with one of the most exciting, ambitious software companies around.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
The Product Support team provides outstanding customer service to customers who need help using our products and services. We are looking for a committed and passionate 1st Line Product Support Engineer to join the team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to take an active role in providing first class support to our global customer base. You will own the customer’s issue from beginning to end, working with other teams – both commercial and technical - as necessary to get them up and running as quickly as possible. You will learn all about our products and services and the supporting technologies, allowing you to deal with increasingly complex tickets with confidence.
- Are educated to at least A level standard (or equivalent qualification)
- Understand the importance of providing excellent customer service
- Are comfortable supporting users via ticketing system, live chat and telephone
- Have a passionate interest in technology and willingness to learn
- Have a basic understanding of computer networking and network principles
- Enjoy solving problems systematically and logically
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possess a confident, professional style with collaborative team working skills
- Need the ability to work autonomously and proactively
Previous customer support experience is not essential although highly desirable.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our support team working for a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post (Monday-Friday) on a 9am-9pm shared shift rota, although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.