Careers at RealVNC®
Have a question?
Product Support Engineer
Transform your career with one of the most exciting, ambitious software companies around.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
The Product Support team provides outstanding technical support to external customers who require assistance on our range of products. To ensure we maintain and improve our industry-leading support to our increasing customer base, we are looking for a committed and passionate Product Support Engineer to support our external customers. Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, this role is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to take an active role in providing a first class support service to our global customer base whilst influencing change and improvements to the product suite.
Working as part of a small but busy team, you’ll take ownership of tickets to reproduce and resolve customer issues, liaising with the relevant teams to escalate product issues as required. You’ll maintain internal and external knowledge bases to ensure that all documentation is current and accurate, and train RealVNC staff on our product suite. You’ll also help to test our software prior to general release, whilst working closely with Sales and Marketing on customer product evaluations.
- have demonstrable experience of working in a dynamic support team providing support to external customers
- are looking for the next step in your career within a technical product support role with a diverse range of roles and responsibilities
- have a good working knowledge of one or more major OSs (Windows, Mac OS X, UNIX)
- understand the fundamentals of networking (IP, DNS, NAT, port forwarding, etc)
- enjoy making a difference by optimising the complete user experience for our product suite
- have the ability to learn new skills and technologies in a fast-paced environment
- have excellent problem solving skills
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
- are a team-player and can mentor others as required
- can work autonomously and proactively
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Product Support team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including contributory pension, childcare vouchers and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday) on a 9am-9pm shift rota, although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference PSE3 in your covering letter to help it get to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.
Please complete the following information to proceed with your application.
Fields marked with a * are required