Careers at RealVNC®
Have a question?
Pre-Sales Applications Engineers
Transform your career with RealVNC® and join our successful, forward-thinking team.
RealVNC is a highly successful, forward-thinking software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the inventors of VNC® remote-access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide, and this customer base includes a significant and growing number of OEM customers who license our core technology and embed it within their products. These customers include companies such as Intel, Google and Sony, along with many more mobile phone vendors and automotive manufacturers. We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for talented and committed Pre-Sales Applications Engineers with excellent technical knowledge and experience in customer facing roles to join our team.
These roles are a fantastic opportunity for experienced Applications Engineers to join our highly successful team and take an active role in growing our global brand. With responsibility for supporting business development within the Mobile Business Unit, these roles offer a fantastic opportunity to expand your professional career within a wide range of vertical markets including Mobile Operators, Handset Vendors, Enterprise Solutions and Automotive Sectors.
As a Pre-Sales Applications Engineer, you’ll support the VP mobile in managing and maximising customer relations whilst working closely with our customers to understand their technical requirements and prescribe technical solutions. You’ll work to gather customer needs, and will prepare and conduct technology demonstrations (including the rapid prototyping of applications) tailored to our customer’s individual needs. You’ll concisely articulate subsequent requirements to the engineering team, agreeing detailed specifications and producing compelling commercial proposals. You’ll also be responsible for keeping up to date with all technical details of the RealVNC product offering, and will also support the on-going development and maintenance of our product roadmaps.
- have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science
- have at least two years recent relevant experience, covering software development using C/C++, writing multithreaded software targeted for cross-platform use
- have a strong can-do attitude and an intelligent approach to problem solving
- possess a desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies, and get a buzz out of seeing the results deployed widely in real world applications
- have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- are willing to travel as required, including Europe, USA, Asia and the Far East
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Commercial awareness, an understanding of the sales-cycle process and ability to build customer relationships and trust
- The ability to manage and interpret customer requirements
- Wide knowledge of low level and applications level programming languages, targeted at mobile devices, embedded operating systems, desktop and related web technologies, including networking physical layers and transport protocols
- Experience in technical consulting, field applications engineering or pre-sales customer facing situations
- A confident, professional personality and style, able to present at customer meetings, seminars, training sessions and trade shows
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Foreign language skills in one or more of French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese dialects or similar would be highly beneficial but not essential
This role offers a unique opportunity to work for a growing, successful Cambridge-based company with a world-famous brand.
If successful you’ll be compensated with an attractive package appropriate to your skills and experience. It will include a competitive salary and generous benefits including contributory pension and private dental and medical care. We also offer significant opportunities to develop your career while working with leading edge technology in a global market.
These are full time posts, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday).
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference PSE2 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.
Please complete the following information to proceed with your application.
Fields marked with a * are required