Senior Product Manager
Shape the next generation of VNC® remote access software.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to take our flagship VNC Connect remote access product into the next phase. As you might expect, you’ll be working closely with a team of talented and creative product development and commercial professionals. Having a dedicated product management function is new for us, so you will have a lot of freedom to both shape the product management environment, and inspire others in the team who have come to product management more recently.
Your main responsibility will be to determine and communicate the direction, functionality and features of our flagship VNC Connect product. You’ll work with key stakeholders to understand the commercial drivers for the product, but more importantly you’ll work with customers to develop an excellent understanding of both their needs and the needs of the marketplace as a whole. You’ll also be responsible for maintaining and communicating the product roadmap, working closely with the Product Engineering, UX and Design teams to develop ideas into features that help meet our business goals, and filtering out those ideas that don’t!
We like to think we have a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. We value the input of everyone working on our projects, and talented individuals can make a big difference. In exchange we expect you to be highly motivated, willing to explore novel solutions, and able to make a significant contribution to our products.
- Have previous product management experience with commercial software products, ideally with software sold as a SaaS model.
- Are familiar with the tools and techniques used to better understand customers and their needs, and can make intelligent decisions about the right ones to use at the right time.
- Have a strong commercial awareness and can demonstrate a good understanding of the software and services markets.
- Know how to manage a product roadmap, including how to curate it, develop it and communicate it.
- Understand the importance of good data and the role it plays in the decision-making process, and can extract the right data from a sea of metrics, analytics, user feedback and research.
- Can work well as part of a wider team, delegating responsibility where necessary, and with the ability to reach a consensus through influence and diplomacy when required.
- Can communicate clearly and with appropriate technical detail in both written and spoken English.
- Ideally have a degree or equivalent qualification.
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Product Development Team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference SPM1 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.Apply for this job