Pre-Sales Applications Engineer
We’re looking for a talented and committed Pre-Sales Applications Engineer to join our growing customer facing team.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology, our software and cloud services are used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide ranging from home to enterprise environments. RealVNC customers can be found in many industries and include leading companies such as IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks, Philips, Volkswagen and Huawei.
We have immediate, significant expansion plans and are looking for a talented and committed Pre-Sales Applications Engineer with excellent technical knowledge and experience in customer facing roles to join our team.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Applications Engineer to join our highly successful team and take an active role in growing our global brand. With responsibility for supporting business development within the Mobile and Automotive Business Unit, this role offers the opportunity to expand your professional career within a wide range of vertical markets including Mobile Operators, Handset Vendors, Enterprise Solutions and Automotive Sectors. There will also be opportunities for global travel, especially to the Far East, USA and around Europe.
As a Pre-Sales Applications Engineer, you’ll work closely with our customers to understand their requirements and prescribe technical solutions. You’ll prepare and conduct technology demonstrations (including researching technical solutions, advanced development and rapid prototyping of applications) tailored to meet the customer’s individual needs. You’ll concisely articulate subsequent requirements to the engineering team, agreeing detailed specifications and producing compelling commercial proposals. You’ll also be responsible for keeping up to date with all technical details of the RealVNC product offering, and will also support the on-going development and maintenance of our product roadmaps.
- have a relevant technical degree (or equivalent qualification) related to Computer Science
- have extensive recent relevant experience, covering software development using C/C++ and writing multithreaded software targeted for cross-platform use
- have a strong can-do attitude and an intelligent approach to problem solving
- possess a desire to deliver world-class solutions to blue-chip companies, and get a buzz out of seeing the results deployed widely in real world applications
- have excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to run product demonstrations and presentations to customers
- are willing to travel as required (but not excessive), including Europe, USA, Asia and the Far East
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Commercial awareness, an understanding of the sales-cycle process and ability to build customer relationships and trust
- The ability to manage and interpret customer requirements
- Wide knowledge of low level and applications level programming languages, targeted at mobile devices, embedded operating systems, desktop and related web technologies, including networking physical layers and transport protocols
- Experience in technical consulting, field applications engineering or pre-sales customer facing situations
- A confident, professional personality and style, able to present at customer meetings, seminars, training sessions and trade shows
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail and a focus on delivering results
- Foreign language skills in one or more of French, German, Italian or similar would be highly beneficial but not essential
This role offers a unique opportunity to join our Mobile and Automotive team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full time post, but we believe in a healthy work/life balance so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference PSAE6 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.Apply for this job