Help develop our world-class brand, improve our marketing communications, and shape the next generation of our software apps and services.
RealVNC® is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide, from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
We’re looking for a talented Graphic Designer to help our Senior Graphic Designer establish a design language and develop our brand across all company applications and communications. You’ll work closely with the Marketing, Product Management, Engineering and Web teams to design, develop and deliver stylish and effective artwork, icons, video, animation and other resources for print and multimedia campaigns, desktop and mobile applications, and web sites. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute towards our product user interface and web site user experience, and undertake special projects and other ad hoc activities from time to time.
- are a talented graphic or multimedia designer with at least 2 years’ experience and a portfolio that showcases your achievements
- are completely proficient in the Adobe Creative Cloud suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional and Illustrator
- have experience with video and audio editing software such as Apple Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Elements or Sony Vegas
- have good working knowledge of the MS Office suite running on Mac, in particular PowerPoint
- have a proven understanding of print production
- understand how HTML and CSS can be used to create a great user experience for email, eNewsletters, marketing campaigns and web sites
- have experience with video and animation storyboarding and production
- have a passion for excellence in GUI design and usability
- can manage your own workload with minimum supervision, co-ordinate multiple activities, and meet deadlines
- have a professional, proactive and flexible approach
- have excellent oral and written communication skills
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Familiarity with Windows, Linux, iOS and Android platforms
- Experience in creating materials for conferences and trade shows
- A keen interest in software technology and its commercial application across different industries
- A degree or equivalent qualification
This role offers a unique opportunity to join a stable and successful Cambridge-based company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
This is a full-time post, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference GD4 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for this post.Apply for this job