Embedded Software Engineer
Transform your career with RealVNC® and join our successful, forward-thinking team.
RealVNC is a highly successful software company based in Cambridge (UK) city centre. As the original developers of VNC® remote access technology our software is used by hundreds of millions of users worldwide from the non-technical home user to IT professionals from global companies, such as Intel, IBM, NASA, Shell, DreamWorks and Philips.
We are currently looking for talented and committed Embedded Software Engineers to join our growing team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for experienced Engineers to take an active role in expanding our global brand by developing software for the significant and growing number of mobile phone vendors and automotive manufacturers who license our core technology and embed it within their products.
As part of a fast-paced team, you’ll help create the latest generation of VNC technology targeted for use within the automotive sector by creating and maintaining SDKs, pluggable components and reference applications. The work is interesting and challenging, with new projects and new technologies constantly in the pipeline. This scope for innovation and the introduction of new product ideas means that everyone has the opportunity to make a full and significant contribution to the team whilst developing their career at RealVNC.
- have demonstrable experience of developing software using any of the following embedded operating systems: Linux, Windows Automotive, Windows CE, Android, QNX, µItron, Genivi Applied
- have an understanding of networking programming, protocol design, compression, security and multithreaded programming
- have experience in creating and maintaining development toolkits, pluggable components and reference applications
- are a team player who is also happy working autonomously, and enjoy considerable responsibility within your work
- have excellent oral and written communication skills, and can demonstrate a high level of problem-solving skills
- have a good computer science or relevant degree (or equivalent qualification)
As well as the above, if you have any of the following then we’d like to know about it!
- Experience in customer-facing situations
- Language skills (French, German, Italian and/or Japanese would be highly beneficial but not essential)
These roles offer a unique opportunity to join our Mobile and Automotive team, working for a successful, growing company with a recognised global brand and huge potential and vision. If you’re successful, you’ll be compensated with an attractive package which will be appropriate to your skills and experience. We also offer generous benefits, including a contributory pension, childcare vouchers, and private dental and medical care.
These are full-time posts, but we believe in a healthy work / life balance, so it’s 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday), although flexibility may sometimes be required.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this vacancy, please click on the ‘apply for this job’ button and fill in your details. Make sure you quote the reference ESE2 in your covering letter to help get it to the right people!
RealVNC has a responsibility to ensure that all staff are eligible to live and work in the UK and if you’re invited to interview you’ll be requested to provide proof of your eligibility to work.
RealVNC is an equal opportunities employer, committed to staff welfare and professional development.
We will not consider agency applications for these posts.Apply for this job