- VNC® Deployment Tool
- > Release notes
- Updated for compatibility with VNC 5.0.5.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC 5.0.4.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC 5.0.3.
FIXED: Parameter settings in
.regfiles exported from VNC Enterprise Edition 4.x can now be loaded in for deployment to VNC 5.x.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC 5.0.2.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC 5.0.1.
- NEW: VNC Deployment Tool automatically installs VNC. VNC Enterprise Edition can still be installed, but must be selected manually.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.6.3.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.6.2.
The default log file
C:\vnctool.logis now created correctly on the target computer.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.6.x.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.5.4.
ConnNotifyTimeoutconfiguration parameter can now be added to specify a number of seconds to display connection notification dialogs, or
0to not display them.
- FIXED: The state of the Install VNC Print Driver checkbox (in the Advanced section of the Install Options dialog) is now remembered between sessions.
- FIXED: Importing and exporting settings no longer causes VNC Deployment Tool to crash.
FIXED: A Command window now opens when VNC Deployment Tool is started with the
FIXED: VNC Deployment Tool no longer crashes when a network scan results file (
.nwk) is loaded via drag-and-drop.
- FIXED: License keys registered with VNC Deployment Tool are now remembered correctly.
- FIXED: The Credentials feature now works correctly.
- FIXED: VNC Server parameter values are now stored correctly, so upgrading no longer causes connections to occasionally fail.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.5.x.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.4.x.
- FIXED: Crash when uninstalling via the Installation menu.
- FIXED: Unable to install passwords containing spaces.
- Updated for compatibility with VNC Enterprise Edition 4.3.x.
- Added option not to skip IP address with no hostname when scanning by IP address range.
- Improved uninstall error reporting.
- FIXED: Setting installer paths manually using Browse... doesn't work.
- FIXED: Crash importing or exporting settings using the main menu.
- FIXED: Crash importing settings from local host.
- FIXED: Automatic license allocation sometimes installs an invalid license.
- FIXED: Crash when editing settings.
- FIXED: Scanning computers running Windows 2000 fails with RegOpenKeyEx: Access is denied (5).
- Improved support for 64-bit systems.
- Added limited support for users with read-only access to remote hosts.
- Added support for uninstalling version 3.3.3.
- Added support for uninstalling TightVNC and UltraVNC.
- Processor architecture and installed WinVNC architecture are displayed when scanning.
- Increased trial period to 30 days.
- FIXED: Updating license keys sometimes fails.
NtLogon_Configedit dialog not available.
- FIXED: Applying domain-keyed licenses to a remote host that previously had a non-domain key fails.
- Added support for 64-bit systems.
- Added support for remotely starting and stopping VNC in Service-Mode.
- FIXED: VNC installer executable is sometimes incorrectly reported as missing.
NtLogon_Configis not formatted correctly.
- FIXED: Occasional crash when closing application.
- Trial license period increased to 14 days.
- Improved error reporting when scanning remote hosts.
- FIXED: Problems with loading/saving scan results in some situations.
FIXED: Crash when editing
NtLogon_Configparameter in some situations.
- Improved compatibility with older Windows systems.
- Improved speed of IP address range scanning.
- Improved display of hosts scanned by IP address.
- Connecting via VNC now possible on non-standard port.
- FIXED: Crash when loading or saving scan results.
- FIXED: Crash when loading VNC configuration parameters.
- FIXED: Scan sometimes scans the wrong host when scanning by IP address range.
- FIXED: "Unable to create service" error in some circumstances.
- FIXED: Loading scan results fails to display license status correctly.
- Added support for drag and drop loading of scan results.
Improved configuration of
NtLogon_Configand all password-related parameters.
- Improved installation options: installer location and components to install.
- Improved error-handling when dealing with multiple hosts.
- Added Connect option to context menus.
- Added export progress dialog.
- Improved error logging during installation.
- FIXED: Crash when reallocating licenses.
- FIXED: Crash when loading .reg files saved from regedit.
- FIXED: Crash when importing settings from the local registry.
- FIXED: Unable to select 'Leave VNC password unchanged'.
- FIXED: Credentials that are valid but lack access rights prevent subsequent credentials being applied.
- FIXED: Refreshing empty nodes does not work.
- FIXED: Unable to install components excluded by a previous install.
- FIXED: Problems installing using the application menu: the installation fails if VNC is not already installed and the Credentials feature does not work.