Windows 7 laptop will not accept connection

john scholl jascholl1998 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 03:19:08 BST 2012

I have an HP desktop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have the VNC Viewer
installed on it. I have a Compaq laptop running Windows XP on which I have
the VNC Server installed.  I am able to connect from the HP to the laptop
without a problem.  I purchased a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7 Home
Premium. I installed VNC Server on it. Every time I try to connect from the
desktop to the Toshiba I get a "connection was reset by peer" error. I
checked that the configuration on the Toshiba matches the one on the Compaq.
I checked to see that port 5900 on the Toshiba is not in use by another
service.

Can anyone help me?

John Scholl