Set an environment variable for an app.

Adrian Phillips a.phillips at
Tue May 22 11:41:49 BST 2012

Karen> Hi, I need to set an environemt variable for a program Karen> running via vncviewer. It requires a env. variable Karen> JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jre1.6.0_31. I have tried looking up Karen> on the web for hours and have had no luck. I am sure this Karen> is something very easy, if I just knew how. man vncserver :- $HOME/.vnc/xstartup A shell script specifying X applications to be run when a VNC desktop is started. If it doesn't exist, vncserver will create a new one which runs a couple of basic applications. Specify whatever you want in there (its just a shell script). Sincerely, Adrian Phillips -- Perl hacker | Ubuntu user Skype: adrianp-mobile | Fring: 4790594804

mailing list