vnc server running in a citrix connection

Long, Phillip GOSS Phillip.Long at gossinternational.com
Tue May 15 14:00:20 BST 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-bounces at realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-bounces at realvnc.
com] On Behalf Of me
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 6:04 PM
To: vnc-list at realvnc.com
Subject: vnc server running in a citrix connection

I have a friend of mine that works for a work from home company and
she has a concern. I believe I know the answer but she is concerned
enough

				<snip>

server, that they are able to see her laptops desktop as well.

Thank you
//adam

Adam:

Assuming that the VNC server at your friend's workplace is compiled
from standard code, she need not worry that her employer can see
her desktop.  That said, the code is open-source, and there is
nothing to prevent them from modifying the source of vncviewer,
which can already act as a server, to allow the employer to snoop
on her.  Were I in her position and worried about it, I would get a
copy of the standard vncviewer and use that instead.  If the
employer distributes the standard version, they wouldn't notice
(unless they check timestamps or something should they ever get
access to my computer); since it would be the standard
distribution, they wouldn't be able to snoop.  if they complained
that I wasn't using the code they gave me, OTOH, that would pretty
much confirm that what they gave me wasn't standard, and they
*were* snooping on my desktop.

My two cents worth; HTH!

					Thx, Phil Long

Goss ... Innovation for Business

NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachment(s) may contain confidential and proprietary information of Goss International Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and may be legally privileged. This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the addressee, dissemination, copying or other use of this e-mail or any of its content is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient please inform the sender immediately and destroy the e-mail and any copies. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender. No contract may be construed by this e-mail.