Windows RealVNC server not accepting connections

Mike Miller mbmiller+l at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 11:15:43 GMT 2011

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011, Gregg Levine wrote:

> If I remember correctly, using VNC on Windows is tricky. Is it on the
> "allowed programs list" for the firewall?

I think there are multiple layers of firewalling and I'm probably missing
something.

> And for trying to connect to it on the host, you'd need to enable that
> feature during the startup routines.

I'm not sure I understand you.  The service is running and it now accepts
connections from localhost (at least up to the password prompt, but I
haven't gone beyond that because it gets tricky to log into Windows from
localhost).

Mike