Indirect connection works better

Philip Herlihy Philip at Herlihy.eu.com
Thu May 14 17:09:19 BST 2009

Thanks, Wez - however, in response to guidance you gave me once before I
already have that setting enabled.

What puzzles me is that either route is using the same links, so it's hard
to understand what the difference might be.

Philip Herlihy

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-bounces at realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-bounces at realvnc.com] On
Behalf Of James Weatherall
Sent: 14 May 2009 16:21
To: 'Philip Herlihy'; vnc-list at realvnc.com
Subject: RE: Indirect connection works better

Hi Philip,

Some Wi-Fi routers have trouble handling large numbers of small network
packets, such as are produced when moving the mouse around in the VNC
session, and that in turn can upset the Windows TCP stack and lead to the
sort of behaviour you're seeing.

You can enable the "Pointer event rate-limiting" feature in the VNC Viewer
to work around this problem.

Cheers,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd