Indirect connection works better

James Weatherall jnw at realvnc.com
Thu May 14 16:20:35 BST 2009

Hi Philip,

Some Wi-Fi routers have trouble handling large numbers of small network packets, such as are produced when moving the mouse around in the VNC session, and that in turn can upset the Windows TCP stack and lead to the sort of behaviour you're seeing.

You can enable the "Pointer event rate-limiting" feature in the VNC Viewer to work around this problem.

Cheers,

--
Wez @ RealVNC Ltd