Cannot get console view

Sanford Stein Sanford.Stein at cybertools.biz
Wed May 13 15:20:22 BST 2009

I am running vncserver on a Red Hat Linux 5.3 box and attempting to
connect from a Windows Vista desktop.  When I run the VNC Viewer and log
in, I get a plain gray screen with a terminal window with a Linux shell
prompt.  What I want is a GUI console view--that is, what I would see if
I were actually sitting at the server console.  How can I get this?

Thanks,
Sanford Stein
CyberTools Inc.

--
Sanford Stein
Support Group at CyberTools for Libraries | 249 Ayer Road, Suite 302, Harvard MA 01451 | 978.772.9200 x2 | Fax 888.899.0341