Alternatives To VNC... (Backup Remote Access)

Adrian Phillips a.phillips at
Tue May 12 18:48:40 BST 2009

Peter> I've been using VNC over SSH to access my Dad's computer Peter> for a number of months now. The setup has proven quite Peter> reliable, but I'd like to have a parallel remote access Peter> method in place in case the VNC/SSH link should fail for Personally I would (and have, but not with a mac) setup openvpn then use this to access the remote machine, using ssh and or vnc or whatever else gives you access from a mac to windows. Sincerely, Adrian Phillips -- Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?

mailing list