Alternatives To VNC... (Backup Remote Access)

Adrian Phillips a.phillips at met.no
Tue May 12 18:48:40 BST 2009

    Peter> I've been using VNC over SSH to access my Dad's computer
    Peter> for a number of months now.  The setup has proven quite
    Peter> reliable, but I'd like to have a parallel remote access
    Peter> method in place in case the VNC/SSH link should fail for

Personally I would (and have, but not with a mac) setup openvpn then
use this to access the remote machine, using ssh and or vnc or
whatever else gives you access from a mac to windows.

Sincerely,

Adrian Phillips

--
Who really wrote the works of William Shakespeare ?
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shakespeare/