Connection refused (10061)

Ricardo Stella stella at rider.edu
Fri Jun 12 18:17:50 BST 2009

A few things...

I assume that since you built it, the XP firewall was opened for the
incoming port (5900 as default)...

However, the port could be blocked by:

a) Any router/switch the XP host is attached to
b) The Hughes 'modem' does not allow incoming IP connections
c) Hughes itself is blocking it before the signal is being set to the sky

Remember Hughes is very different than DSL/Cable/Fiber connections...

My .02...