main: Unable to locate existing VNC Server

Piotr Dobrogost pd at realvnc.list.2009.dobrogost.pl
Fri Aug 28 18:28:05 BST 2009

Ricardo Stella wrote on Fri Aug 28 12:46:09 BST 2009

> What version of Windows?  AFAIK, free 4.1.2 does not work on vista/7...

At first I tried on Vista indeed. But then I tried on XP SP2 and got
exactly the same error...

> Did either one of you check if the service is running?

Have you noticed Terry's "and the service can start without any error
message."? It seems to me this means service _was_ running when he tried
to connect listening client.
Yes, I checked and the service _is_ running.

Any ideas?

Regards
Piotr Dobrogost