Bob Hartung bhartung at
Tue Aug 25 19:13:32 BST 2009

Multiple people can view a single PC but VNC has never provided multiple independent sessions in the 7 or so years I've been using it.

Bob Hartung
Wisco Industries, Inc.
736 Janesville St.
Oregon, WI 53575
Tel: (608) 835-3106 x215
Fax: (608) 835-7399
e-mail: bhartung(at)

Sent: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 13:05:37 -0500
Subject: Multi-users

     I have used VNC on a few of my Win XP-Pro systems for a couple of years
  or so.  It seems to me that when I first got it, it was possible for one to
  login to a system using VNC without affecting the primary user of the system
  - effectively making it a multi-user system.  I want to do some work on our
  main POS system without taking it away from the sales people who are very
  busy this time of year.
     Is that still possible?  I haven't tried it in a long time.
  --Brian M. Godfrey
  VNC-List mailing list
  To remove yourself from the list visit:

mailing list