Remote terminal

Bob Hartung bhartung at
Thu Aug 20 14:13:27 BST 2009

All the technology I know of for remote terminal stuff is not very cost effective for a single terminal. Unless you have more than one to setup, a cheap / used PC would probably be the better choice if all you want it for is running a VNC session.

Bob Hartung
Wisco Industries, Inc.
736 Janesville St.
Oregon, WI 53575
Tel: (608) 835-3106 x215
Fax: (608) 835-7399
e-mail: bhartung(at)

Sent: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 22:26:28 -0500
Subject: Remote terminal

     I'd like a small piece of hardware which would have two USB ports for
  keyboard and mouse, one video port, power connector and wireless.  The
  purpose would be to create a terminal in a back room which would only be
  used for remotely logging in to a Windows XP-Pro or Vista Business computer
  in another location via the wireless router in our store.  I am assuming
  that it would have a Linux OS and that I would use VNC to make the remote
     Does anyone know of such a device?
  --Brian M. Godfrey
  VNC-List mailing list
  To remove yourself from the list visit: