VNC and Dyndns

steve menard edranem "at" dranem.org
Mon Feb 11 23:37:01 2008

Yes it Depends on your hardware firewall
letting something out
I Can't get a login using

vncviewer  billsmith.dyndns.info:50

Connection Refused at port 5950

BUT; BIG BUT

vncviewer  billsmith.dyndns.info:0

THIS IS DOING SOMETHING VERY FISHY AND YET INTERESTING.....
 It is showing me MY SCREEN !!!!!

WHAT The Heck is going on?
OK I have just recently turned on  IPv6 on my ubuntu....
so maybe I'll blame it on that ;-)

so your firewall on your PC is blocking?
Antivirus also blocks vnc  norton mcafee kaspersky comodo zonealarm

Steve