VNC compilation against Xorg 1.4

Adam Tkac atkac "at" redhat.com
Fri Feb 1 09:57:02 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 12:13:42PM -0600, Mario Limonciello wrote:
> James Weatherall wrote:
> > Mario,
> >
> > The issue you're referring to appears to be that the Ubuntu version of the
> > VNC Free Edition 4.1.1 package doesn't build.  You'll need to contact
> > Ubuntu's maintainers about that, since their package is modified from the
> > standard VNC Free Edition tree.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > Wez @ RealVNC Ltd
> >

> James,
>
> I'm an Ubuntu maintainer actually and was working on fixing such a build.
> This
> problem isn't just affecting Ubuntu however, as linked in that bug report.
> Debian & Gentoo are running into the same things.  There are many functions
> in
> xvnc.cc that don't fit with Xorg 1.4 APIs anymore.

Xvnc source is designed to work with pretty old monolitic XFree
source. I've forked vnc free edition about 2 months ago as project
'baracuda'. You will see https://fedorahosted.org/baracuda/ and
mercurial repository http://hg.fedorahosted.org/hg/baracuda. Now
nearly all things works as expected with latest Xorg source (except
borders of windows aren't correctly rendered but you will help me
to find how get it fixed)

Adam

--
Adam Tkac, Red Hat, Inc.