vncconfig stops after windowmanager starts

John Aldrich JAldrich "at" covista.com
Wed Nov 30 15:50:04 2005

Felix:
I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that the user who is running
"vncconfig" is probably changing once you log in and Gnome doesn't like it.
Thus, you may want to see if there's a "startup" folder or something that
you can either put a shortcut to the vncconfig executable in or maybe write
a short script to call the executable file. That way, the "correct" user
calls the vncconfig file.

-----Original Message-----
From: vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com [mailto:vnc-list-admin "at" realvnc.com]On
Behalf Of Felix Steffenhagen
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:17 AM
To: vnc-list "at" realvnc.com
Subject: vncconfig stops after windowmanager starts

Hello all,

a few days ago I had a problem with cut/copy/paste and I found out
that 'vncconfig' is stopped after the window manager (gnome-session)
starts.

My vncserver is started with the option "-query localhost" so that users
that connect to the server see a login screen (GDM). Until this time
vncconfig
and cut&paste is working. I tested it with strings from the login screen.
When I log in through GDM, a normal gnome-sessoin will be started but
now the vncconfig program got stopped mysteriously and I'm not able
to copy things from vnc to local and vice versa.

Has anyone an idea why that happens?

Thanks and greetings,
Felix