Windows VNC viewer and local application hot keys

Matt Campbell mattcampbell "at" pobox.com
Tue Nov 29 15:24:00 2005

Hi James:

Can you elaborate on the drawbacks of sending all keypresses directly to
the viewer window, or maybe point me at some MSDN documentation or other
literature that might explain?  Also, since the selected keystrokes are
sent to the viewer window using PostMessage, how are they bypassing the
message queue?

I think a total bypass should be an option, especially if the
disadvantages are marginal in most current environments.  This is
especially important if a user places the viewer on a USB flash drive
(or a floppy for that matter) and runs it on an arbitrary computer with
which he may not be familiar.

Thanks,
Matt