vncconfig stops after windowmanager starts

Felix Steffenhagen felix.steffenhagen "at" gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 12:18:00 2005

Hello all,

a few days ago I had a problem with cut/copy/paste and I found out
that 'vncconfig' is stopped after the window manager (gnome-session)
starts.

My vncserver is started with the option "-query localhost" so that users
that connect to the server see a login screen (GDM). Until this time vncconfig
and cut&paste is working. I tested it with strings from the login screen.
When I log in through GDM, a normal gnome-sessoin will be started but
now the vncconfig program got stopped mysteriously and I'm not able
to copy things from vnc to local and vice versa.

Has anyone an idea why that happens?

Thanks and greetings,
Felix